Characteristics, Advantages & Applications
- Effectively attacks, penetrates, removes and controls rust on all metal surfaces and parts except those being galvanized and those made of Tin, Zinc, Aluminum and Lead.
- Protects efficiently against corrosion.
- Acts quickly and thoroughly and no heating upon application is needed.
- No known effect on rubber and plastic compounds.
- Water-soluble, non-flammable liquid mixture.
- Cold protective and “phosphating” rust converter formulated to use on all steel surfaces before coating, re-coating, painting and varnishing applications.
- Substitutes sandblasting and hot pickling methods, especially in the cases where they cannot be used.
- May be combined with a specific range of other products.
- Cost effective, easy to apply and use.
During 1996, chemical tankers were only permitted to use tank cleaning agents, which had been approved and evaluated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO). RUST SHIELD PHOS was evaluated through IMO’s Working Group on the Evaluation of Safety and Pollution Hazards of Chemicals (ESPH Working Group) and found to meet the requirements of paragraph 1.8.2 of the P&A Standards.
RUST SHIELD PHOS is a concentrated acid-based aqueous solution containing a synergistic antioxidant, and a strong corrosion inhibitor, which result to rust removal and rust proofing on metal surfaces and articles.
|Appearance / Color||Clear, colorless liquid|
|Order No||Size (in litres)||Container|
Application and Use
A. Dosing Procedure
The quantity of RUST SHIELD PHOS to be used cannot be prescribed, since this depends on the surface area and/or the number of the parts to be treated, the degree of contamination and the desired results wanted by the user.
In any case, RUST SHIELD PHOS must be used diluted at a proportion of 1 liter for every 1-2 liters of water.
B. Cleaning Procedure
The application of RUST SHIELD PHOS can be done by brushing with an elongated hard thick brush. 1 litre of the diluted solution will cover 12-15 sq. meters of surface area. After application, leave surface to dry completely for approximately 2-6 hours time. Furthermore, it is important to note that 1 litre of RUST SHIELD PHOS can cover approximately 12-15 sq. meters of light rusted surfaces, where water/sandblasting has been previously used.
RUST SHIELD PHOS is considered a hazardous product. Operators must consult the Safety and Handling instructions table before use.
Safety and Handling
|HANDLING||Handle with care. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated environment.|
|Eye Contact||Avoid Eye contact. Otherwise, flush with plenty of water for a few minutes. Seek medical attention.|
|Skin Contact||Avoid Skin contact. Otherwise, wash contaminated area thoroughly with water. Seek medical attention.|
|Inhalation||Avoid inhalation of vapors. Otherwise, seek fresh air source at once. Seek medical attention.|
|If Swallowed||Avoid ingestion. Otherwise, consume a considerable quantity of water. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.|
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS||Avoid spillage, splashing and mishandling. Precautionary measures for body protection are strongly recommended before use.|
Read the Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and/or Product Label.