Characteristics, Advantages & Applications
- Effectively removes foreign substances, surface contaminants and welding deposits from austenitic stainless steel, nickel, nickel alloys, and copper-nickel alloy surfaces, installations and components before the passivation process.
- Dissolves completely traces of iron contaminants and all the oxide/hydroxides of iron, nickel and chrome, which have been formed during the welding process.
- Does not contain chlorides in order to avoid pitting.
- Can be used only on austenitic stainless steel, nickel, nickel alloys and copper-nickel alloys as it corrodes other metals.
- Acts quickly and thoroughly whilst provides 100% successful results.
- Non-flammable, non-conductive and non-toxic.
- Water-soluble and no heating is required upon application.
- Adheres to all surface areas, vertical or horizontal.
- Can be combined with a specific range of other products.
- No known effect on rubber and plastic compounds.
- Cost effective, easy to apply and use.
PICKLING PASTE is an adherent concentrated thixothropic paste, highly acidic, containing specific acid compounds, surface-active agents, special corrosion inhibitors and no chloride compounds.
|Appearance / Color||Thick, light blue paste|
|Order No||Size (in kgs)||Container|
Application and Use
A. Dosing Procedure
PICKLING PASTE must be used undiluted in its natural state. The quantity needed is proportional to the degree of contamination, the treatment time, the surface area to cover, the number of the articles for treatment and the type/kind of the steel.
In any case, the quantity must be sufficient to cover the surface area in question and form a thin even coating over it. Thus, the operator must carefully select the quantity needed, after considering all of the above parameters and the chosen method of application.
B. Cleaning Procedure
Pretreatment: In order to ensure even pickling treatment, degreasing of small or large surface areas must be carried out using undiluted MARICHEM ALCACLEAN HD; this must be applied with a brush. After, rinse off with water and leave surface area to dry. Then, the application of PICKLING PASTE can begin.
Application: Before use PICKLING PASTE must be well mixed by shaking and/or stirring. PICKLING PASTE may be applied by conventional means, such as a hard and thick roll brush, a wide paintbrush, a thick wall broom etc.
After application, leave the paste to react with the surface at a temperature of 20°C (room temperature) as follows:
- Austenitic stainless steel types: 15-60 minutes
- Nickel and nickel alloys: 5-20 minutes
- Copper-nickel alloys: 5-20 minutes
Note that if the temperature is 10°C below or above the room temperature, the pickling activity and thus the reaction time changes roughly by a factor of two (2). If the temperature of the pickling surface is above 40°C, PICKLING PASTE must not be applied until after it drops to room temperature.
Once the reaction time is completed, PICKLING PASTE must be rinsed off completely with a high-pressure water supply. Then, leave the surface to dry until the passivation process is initiated.
PICKLING PASTE is considered a hazardous product. Operators must consult the Safety and Handling instructions table before use.
Safety and Handling
|HANDLING||Handle with care. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated environment.|
|Eye Contact||Avoid Eye contact. Otherwise, flush with plenty of water for a few minutes. Seek medical attention.|
|Skin Contact||Avoid Skin contact. Otherwise, wash contaminated area thoroughly with water. Seek medical attention.|
|Inhalation||Avoid inhalation of vapors. Otherwise, seek fresh air source at once. Seek medical attention.|
|If Swallowed||Avoid ingestion. Otherwise, consume a considerable quantity of water. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.|
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS||Avoid spillage, splashing and mishandling. Precautionary measures for body protection are strongly recommended before use.|
Read the Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and/or Product Label.