Characteristics, Advantages & Applications
- Ideal for the removal, dispersion and prevention of heavy mud, loose scale, rust deposits, silt accumulates and other sediments in ballast water tanks.
- Reacts with mud and silt molecules to form non-adhering particles, which are easily discharged during de-ballasting.
- Terminates microorganisms harvested in the mud and silt sludge.
- Effectively cleans the ballast water tank lines and pumping equipment.
- Prevents extensive erosion from the ballast tank surfaces and cavities.
- Acts quickly and efficiently and is water-soluble.
- Non-flammable and non-toxic.
- Can safely be applied to all metals except those galvanized and those made of tin, zinc and aluminum.
- Cost effective, easy to apply and use.
MUD CONDITIONER is a concentrated aqueous solution consisting of a high molecular weight component, special surface-active agents and a specific corrosion inhibitor.
|Appearance / Color||Clear, red liquid|
|Order No||Size (in litres)||Container|
Application and Use
A. Dosing Procedure
Commonly, a quantity of 25-50 litres of MUD CONDITIONER per 1000 tons of ballast water content is used every time the tanks are ballasted. However, when we deal with heavy mud and silt accumulations, 150-250 litres per 1000 tons of ballast water is recommended for fast and complete cleaning.
B. Cleaning Procedure
In the case where regular treatment is desired, the prescribed quantity of MUD CONDITIONER is added to ballast water, while ballasting, in order to make sure of the homogeneity of the formed mixture. Here, the treatment must be repeated every time the tanks are ballasted. In the case of heavy mud and silt accumulation, the quantity of MUD CONDITIONER prescribed is poured in the de-ballasted tanks, which now are filled only with 20-30 cm of their height capacity with water, being enough to ensure mud and silt removal by rapid agitation. Then, the mixture must be left to act for a period of 3-5 hours followed by complete removal.
Note that a high-pressure water supply may be used to assist removal and further penetration into the mud and silt deposits. Also, the treatment may have to be repeated depending on the degree of contamination and accumulation we are dealing with.
MUD CONDITIONER is considered a hazardous product. It is suggested that operators must consult the Safety and Handling instructions table before use.
Safety and Handling
|HANDLING||Handle with care. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated environment.|
|Eye Contact||Avoid Eye contact. Otherwise, flush with plenty of water for a few minutes. Seek medical attention.|
|Skin Contact||Avoid Skin contact. Otherwise, wash contaminated area thoroughly with water. Seek medical attention.|
|Inhalation||Avoid inhalation of vapors. Otherwise, seek fresh air source at once. Seek medical attention.|
|If Swallowed||Avoid ingestion. Otherwise, consume a considerable quantity of water. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.|
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS||Avoid spillage, splashing and mishandling. Precautionary measures for body protection are strongly recommended before use.|
Read the Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and/or Product Label.