Characteristics, Advantages & Applications
- Multi-purpose water based cleaner.
- Consists of biodegradable ingredients.
- Does not contain nonyl phenols neither caustic alkalis.
- Free from hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents.
- Non flammable and non combustible liquid of low toxicity.
- Can be used for a variety of general cleaning, such as removal of grease, oil, sludge and grime.
- Can be used efficiently as cleaning agent for engine rooms, decks, cargo holds and tanks.
- No known effect on rubber.
- Applicable to plastic, rubber and epoxy compounds as well to painted, coated and varnished surfaces.
- If you are using MARICLEAN DG-25 on a vertical or horizontal surface, the resident time and cleaning ability can be furthered, by adding MARICHEM Foam Plus.
- May attack aluminium and zinc.
- Cost effective, easy to apply and use.
During 1996, chemical tankers were only permitted to use tank cleaning agents, which had been approved and evaluated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO). MARICLEAN DG - 25 was evaluated through IMO’s Working Group on the Evaluation of Safety and Pollution Hazards of Chemicals (ESPH Working Group) and found to meet the requirements of paragraph 1.8.2 of the P&A Standards.
MARICLEAN DG-25 is a water based alkaline cleaner containing specific eco-friendly solvents, non ionic and anionic surface active agents and corrosion inhibitors.
|Appearance / Color||Pale/Yellow Liquid|
|Solubility||Completely Soluble in water|
|Compatibility||May attack Aluminium and Zinc when used in a high concentrated solution.|
|Order No||Size (in litres)||Container|
Application and Use
A. Dosing Procedure
MARICLEAN DG-25 may be applied concentrated or diluted with water. The quantity to be used is proportional to the degree of contamination, the available downtime, the surface area to be covered and the desired degree of cleaning.
For heavy duty cleaning and degreasing, MARICLEAN DG-25 can be used undiluted whereas for lighter contamination can be used diluted with water depending on the degree and nature of the contamination.
Circulation method: A solution of 5%-10% must be prepared by diluting MARICLEAN DG-25 with water.
Injection method: Prepare a solution of 3%-6% by diluting MARICLEAN DG-25 with water.
B. Cleaning Procedure
Circulation method: After the solution is prepared, apply by circulating for approximately 6-8 hours. Thereon, wash thoroughly with water. You may have to repeat the procedure, in cases of heavy contamination.
Injection method: When the prescribed solution is prepared, inject directly to the contaminated area. Afterwards, rinse thoroughly with water.
Soaking/Immersion method: Once the solution is prepared, immerse the part, component or unit to be cleaned and leave it to soak for about 30 minutes, making sure that all the surfaces remain covered in solution. Afterwards rinse thoroughly with water.
Safety and Handling
|HANDLING||Handle with care. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated environment.|
|Eye Contact||Avoid Eye contact. Otherwise, flush with plenty of water for a few minutes. Seek medical attention.|
|Skin Contact||Avoid Skin contact. Otherwise, wash contaminated area thoroughly with water. Seek medical attention.|
|Inhalation||Do not breathe gas/vapors. Otherwise, seek fresh air source at once. Seek medical attention. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.|
|If Swallowed||Avoid ingestion. Otherwise, consume a considerable quantity of water. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.|
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS||Avoid spillage, splashing and mishandling. Precautionary measures for body protection are strongly recommended before use.|
Read the Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and/or Product Label.