Characteristics, Advantages & Applications
- Suitable for a wide range of industrial and marine cleaning applications such as toilets, bathing rooms, windows, floors, carpets, storage rooms, crew accommodations, etc.
- Safe to use, even with bear hands, acts quickly and efficiently.
- Can be used with a wide range of other products.
- A water base product where no drying time is required.
- Non-flammable, pH buffered, non-corrosive and non-toxic.
- Eliminator bad odor with its strong but pleasant scent.
- Has biocide properties and can be easily rinsed with water.
- Completely biodegradable.
- 100% soluble in fresh or seawater.
- Cleans thoroughly leaving no films or stains behind.
- Cost effective, easy to handle and apply.
During 1996, chemical tankers were only permitted to use tank cleaning agents, which had been approved and evaluated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO). GENERAL CLEANING & SOLVENT was evaluated through IMO’s Working Group on the Evaluation of Safety and Pollution Hazards of Chemicals (ESPH Working Group) and found to meet the requirements of paragraph 1.8.2 of the P&A Standards.
GENERAL CLEANING AND SOLVENT is a concentrated, biodegradable liquid aqueous solution consisting of emulsifying, wetting and cleaning agents, pH stabilized. Furthermore, it is non-flammable, non-corrosive and non-toxic.
|Appearance / Color||Clear, colorless liquid|
|Odor||Mild, characteristic odor|
|Order No||Size (in litres)||Container|
Application and Use
A. Dosing Procedure
The recommended proportion of GENERAL CLEANING AND SOLVENT to be used is 1 litre for every 3-4 litres of water. In cases of extreme soiling and where hard cleaning is required, GENERAL CLEANING AND SOLVENT should be used undiluted, to achieve maximum results
B. Cleaning Procedure
GENERAL CLEANING AND SOLVENT may be applied by conventional methods such as a brush, sponge, or a mop.
When any conventional method is used, 1 litre of solution will approximately cover 8-12 sq. m. of surface area always in cases of normal contamination.
In any case, after the application of GENERAL CLEANING AND SOLVENT on any surface area, a time period of 2-6 hours is feasible for that area to be left to dry completely.
Safety and Handling
|HANDLING||Handle with care. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated environment.|
|Eye Contact||Avoid Eye contact. Otherwise, flush with plenty of water for a few minutes. Seek medical attention.|
|Skin Contact||Avoid Skin contact. Otherwise, wash contaminated area thoroughly with water. Seek medical attention.|
|Inhalation||Avoid inhalation of vapors. Otherwise, seek fresh air source at once. Seek medical attention.|
|If Swallowed||Avoid ingestion. Otherwise, consume a considerable quantity of water. Do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.|
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS||Avoid spillage, splashing and mishandling. Precautionary measures for body protection are strongly recommended before use.|
Read the Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and/or Product Label.