FUEL BIOCONTROL is a special designed liquid biocide that provides complete control against bacteria and microorganisms, which can infect fuel storage tanks and fuel systems, therefore degrading the fuel properties.
Characteristics, Advantages & Applications
- Powerful at the fuel-water interface where microbe growth is most dynamic.
- Maintains homogeneity and stabilization of the fuel, this leads to the improved combustion.
- Provides complete disappearance of the microorganisms, which contaminate fuel storage tanks and systems.
- Can be added directly to the fuel tank.
- Cost effective, easy to handle and use.
- Prevents corrosion in fuel systems.
- Keeps filters, nozzles and injectors free from clogging.
- Will not harm metallic parts and synthetic rubber.
- Completely biodegradable with fast results.
- Characterized by its very good biocidal and biostatic effect.
FUEL BIOCONTROL is a liquid mixture of organic solvents and highly effective biocides. It has the following physical properties:
|Appearance / Color||Red liquid|
|Odor||Characteristic petroleum – like odor|
|Order No||Size (in litres)||Container|
Application and Use
A. Dosing Procedure
FUEL BIOCONTROL dosage depends on a number of factors such as the type of system being treated, the nature and the extent of microbial contamination and the degree of control required. In case of preventive treatment, 0.2 lt – 0.4 lt of FUEL BIOCONTROL must be added per tone of fuel. For the contaminated fuel distillation 2 lt of FUEL BIOCONTROL is a sufficient quantity per tone of fuel. In cases of filter blockages a shock dosing of 10 lt FUEL BIOCONTROL is recommended per tone of fuel.
B. Feeding Procedure
FUEL BIOCONTROL is best added to the dewatered tank that is about a third full. When the tank is filled, the product is mixed into the system. In cases of heavy fouling, the system should, if possible, be cleaned before FUEL BIOCONTROL is used.
Safety and Handling
|HANDLING||Handle with care. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated environment.|
|Eye Contact||Avoid Eye contact. Otherwise, flush with plenty of water for a few minutes. Seek medical attention.|
|Skin Contact||Avoid Skin contact. Otherwise, wash contaminated area thoroughly with water and soap. Seek medical attention.|
|Inhalation||Avoid inhalation of vapours. Otherwise, remove the affected person to fresh air, if not breath give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult qualified personnel should administer oxygen. Seek medical attention.|
|If Swallowed||Avoid ingestion. Otherwise, rinse mouth. Seek immediate medical attention.|
|GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS||Avoid spillage, splashing and mishandling. Precautionary measures for body protection are strongly recommended before use.|
Read the Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
For detailed information on safety and health, please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet and/or Product Label.