Aurelia TI range: for the latest generation of medium-speed engines running on residual fuel oils and suffering from high fuel contamination in the lubricant, rapid viscosity increase, heavy sticky black deposits in the crankcase and other “cold” parts.
AURELIA TI is a range of trunk piston engine oils developed for use in medium speed diesel engines burning residual fuels. AURELIA TI combines an exclusive formulation of latest additive technologies, developed by Total research center, and a highly refined base oil to provide an substantial safety margin to cope with the higher stress levels even with the latest and future designs of diesel engines.
- Highly rated medium speed diesel engines used in marine and stationary power generation applications, burning heavy fuel oil with various qualities and sulphur contents.
- Particulary suitable for low or very low oil consumption engines operating with a poor quality residual fuel.
- Bearings and stern-tubes.
- Reduction gear lubrication.
- API service : exceeds CF specification
- Ensures oustanding cleanliness of the hot and cold parts of the engine, due to improved detergency and dispersancy capabilities.
- Reduced build-up heavy deposits in the engine leading to a reduction in maintenance costs.
- Excellent resistance to the negative effects of contamination with residual fuel.
- Excellent thermal restistance and high temperature oxidation resistance.
- Excellent control of viscosity increase leading to reduced top-ups.
- Very good water resistance and an outstanding demulsibility capacity leading to maintain the engine performance and to remove the water rapidly after a water ingress.
- Very good wear protection and very good oil film strength at extreme pressures.
The AURELIA TI range hold approvals from all major medium speed engine manufacturers such as WÄRTSILÄ, MAN diesel, Caterpillar MaK, Yanmar, Daihatsu, HiMSEN, Rolls Royce…