Marine oil to be used to top up the crankcase lubrication of slow speed 2 stroke crosshead Diesel engines.
When the viscosity and the BN of the in service system oil are higher than the warning limit, due to contamination by cylinder lubricant through the stuffing box, ATLANTA MARINE 20 can be used as follows:
- to regularly top up in order to decrease and to maintain the viscosity at an acceptable level.
- to replace a part of the «in service oil» in order to drastically decrease the viscosity below the warning limit.
- Good thermal stability.
- Very good anti-oxydant characteristics.
- Excellent anti-rust and anti-corrosive properties.
- Excellent capacity for water separation.
- Excellent capacity for insolubles separation.
- Good anti-wear properties.
- High resistance to foaming